St. Andrews, Fife | 18 holes | Links | Par: 70 | 6250 yards
By the year 1913 the pressure for play on the Old, New and Jubilee courses was such that a fourth course was required.
Opened for play in 1914, the Eden course was designed by Harry S. Colt, internationally renowned for his course design skills. His use of the natural features and of the partially buried field boundary walls the course has an entirely natural feel.
Alterations completed in 1989, under the direction of the golf course architect, Donald Steel , do not fall short of the high standards set by Mr. Colt. The result is a course of character but slightly less testing and more forgiving than the three courses lying on the seaward side.
The Eden Tournament, inaugurated in 1919, remains one of the major amateur British golfing events. Every year over 250 golfers play for the Eden trophy in the second week of August. The legendary "Silver Scot" Tommy Armour, prominent in the golfing scene in the U.S.A., is recorded as finishing second in the qualifying rounds of the Eden Tournament of 1919 with a score of 155.
Directions: Directions from Edinburgh and the south to St Andrews: Travel north on the M90 over the Forth Bridge. Leave the Motorway at Junction 3 and follow the A92 to its junction with the A914 north of Glenrothes. Take the A914 to the next roundabout, turn right and continue on the A91 through Cupar to St Andrews.
Par, yardages and course ratings
At same facility
At a glance
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: Donald Steel, H. S. Colt
- Type: Public
- Style: Links
- Built in: 1914
- Golf Season: Low 11/1-2/29; High 4/18-10/16
- Visitor Policy: Welcomed
- Tee times welcomed: Yes
- Driving range: Yes
- Putting green: Yes
- Teaching pro: Yes
- Golf school / golf academy: Yes
- Pro: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes - medical certificate required
- Pull carts: Yes
- Week days: £22 - £45
- Weekends: £22 - £45
Fife KY16 9SF